Curried kale with Portobello mushrooms is a delectable winter vegetable dish. Crisp kale leaves are cooked down with mushrooms, garlic, onions, tomato paste. The curry powder is mixed with brown sugar to provide contrasting flavors within the dish. You can serve the kale with stir-fried tofu, nutty brown rice, or even a fried egg. Curried kale with mushroom should definitely be added to your recipe repertoire.
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion
3 large cloves garlic
6 oz. sliced Portobello mushrooms, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 lb. kale, stems removed and cut into strips
1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 1/2 Tbsp. tomato paste
2 1/2 Tbsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. plus pinch of salt
For full recipe instructions, click here.
- Meatless Monday Recipe: Lasagna Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Meatless Monday: Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Creamed Spinach
- Meatless Monday: Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Quinoa
- Meatless Monday: Sesame Kale Salad
- Meatless Monday: Meaty Mushroom Burger
- Meatless Monday: Coconut Curry with Peppers, Bok Choi, and Tomatoes
- Meatless Monday: Sweet and Nutty Kale Salad
- Meatless Monday: Frittata With Sun Dried Tomato, Roasted Peppers and Kale
- Meatless Monday: Wild Rice and Kale Salad
- Meatless Monday: Bountiful Butternut n Kale Stew
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms and Sun-Dried Tomato Panini
- Ham and Swiss Panini With Mushrooms and Kale
- Savory Pork Chops Stuffed With Kale and Mushrooms
- Broiled Portobello Mushrooms
- Meatless Monday :: Wild Mushroom Agnolloti in a Rosemary Garlic Butter Sauce
- Panang Curry Recipe With Kale, Shitake Mushrooms, and Tofu
- Button Mushrooms stuffed with minced meat with lemon basil and grapes.
- Vegan spicy sautéed mushrooms in 10 minutes.
- Meatless Monday :: Vegetable Quesadilla
- Meatless Monday :: Creamy Vegetable Soup