Renowned The New York Times food photographer Andrew Scrivani will be leading 2 hands-on workshops in San Francisco this May 19 and 20! In this 6-hour workshop, Andrew will be covering the basics of food photography such as composition, lighting, propping, and food styling. Class size is limited, so you will have the opportunity to work with Andrew both in small groups and one-on-one.
Start the morning learning about Andrew and his craft (lecture and Q&A); then spend the rest of the morning and afternoon practicing your photography skills with Andrew in a "photography set" environment (plated dishes provided by Contigo, the beautiful host restaurant). Finish the day with a group review and critique session.
This is an amazing opportunity to learn from and practice with one of the best in the field! Register below.
Workshop 1: Saturday, May 19, 10am-4pm
Workshop 2: Sunday, May 20, 10am- 4pm
Contigo Spanish and Catalan restaurant
1320 Castro Street in Noe Valley
$250 per person (per day), including lunch.
Register here or click Brown Paper Tickets below:
*Select the date you'd like to attend (Sat. or Sun.)
What to bring:
Your camera and equipment!
Optional: a special item(s) you'd like to photograph.
Andrew Scrivani is a New York based freelance commercial and editorial photographer, food stylist, writer and blogger. He has been photographing for the New York Times Dining Section since 2002 as well as the Recipes for Health column by Martha Rose Shulman on The New York Times on the Web Fitness and Nutrition section since 2008. He most recently completed the photography for ABC TV's The Chew Cookbook and the Crazy Sexy Kitchen cookbook by health and wellness guru Kris Carr. Andrew will also be the featured photographer for Eating Well Magazine's 10 Best issue due on newsstands this July. You can read his columns on Food & Photography at The New York Times Diner’s Journal blog and his own personal blog makingSundaySauce. In August, Andrew will be leading a 3-hour hands-on photography and styling workshop with Allrecipes' FoodWishes Chef John Mitzewich at the International Food Blogger Conference. Andrew frequently speaks and teaches nationally on Food Photography and Styling, which is a natural extension of his life before photography, as a high school teacher and coach.
- Seattle Food Photography Workshop with The New York Times' Andrew Scrivani
- NY Times' Andrew Scrivani To Host Photography Workshops in Seattle
- Join Food Photographer Andrew Scrivani in a Live Google Plus Hangout On-Air!
- FREE Online Food Photography Course with Andrew Scrivani
- Featured Speaker at IFBC: Andrew Scrivani
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: NYTimes Photographer Andrew Scrivani
- Easter Chick Cake Pops Hatched Just in Time for Easter
- Food Photography: Insider Tips From Andrew Scrivani
- Community Spotlight: Andrew Scrivani FoodistaChat Recap
- Best Ever Gluten Free Stuffing Recipe - Just In Time for Thanksgiving
- Kande Pohe Recipe
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Crumble Topping
- Phulka Indian Flat Bread
- Soon Dubu Jjigae (Spicy Soft Tofu Stew)
- Paella With Seafood & Snails
- Salmon Over Fusilli & Rapini With Lemon-Wine Sauce
- Oven Roasted Pears With Blackberry Sauce
- Baked Eggs and Bacon Cream In Spinach Fettuccine Nests
- Rabdi Recipe
- Strawberry Margarita