This healthy tiramisu is a rich Italian dessert that won't make you feel guilty after eating it. Tiramisu and healthy do not exactly go hand-in-hand but with a few adjustments you can make something just as delicious. Vegan marscapone cheese is layered with delicate ladyfinger cookies that are soaked in a rich coffee liquor. A heavy dusting of cocoa powder ties all the flavors together to create a rich and satisfying dessert that you'll want to make over and over again.
150 g mascarpone (vegan)
4 tablespoons sucanat
3 tablespoons cocoa or carob powder
100 ml espresso
2 tablespoons coffee liqueur or cognac
1. Separate the egg yolks from the whites
2. In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks with the sucanat until incorporated. In another bowl , whisk the egg whites until you get a foamy texture, then add slowly the yolk cream and vegan mascarpone.
3. Pour the cooled coffee in a bowl and add the coffee liquor or cognac. Dip the lady fingers in the liquid (not too much) and layer them in a medium tray (6-8 lady fingers / layer). Over the first layer of lady fingers add a layer of cream, then another layer of soaked lady fingers. Cover with cream and garnish with powdered cocoa or carob.
4. Let it cool for at least 5 hours before serving.
- Must Try: 5 Perfect Polenta Cakes:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Gluten, Dairy + Sugar Free
- Holy Cannoli! 5 Best Allergy-Friendly Recipes to Celebrate National Cannoli Day!
- 5 Perfect Panna Cotta
- 5 More Perfect Panna Cotta
- Seasonal Sunday: 5 Best Herb Infused Sorbets
- Gluten Free Foodie Friday: 5 Recipes to Love
- VIDEO: Gluten Free Strawberries + Cream Shortcake GFCF
- Gluten Free Foodie Friday: 3 Must Try Recipes
- Paleo Pumpkin Pie
- Dairy and Sugar-Free Tiramisu
- Poached Pears with Chocolate Ganache
- Rainbow Cookies-Pink for Breast Cancer Awraeness Month
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cake With Peanut Butter Frosting - gluten free, dairy free, soy free
- Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
- Oven Roasted Tomatoes from Red Fire Farm
- Cacao chia pudding with avocado mousse
- Raw Energy Balls
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie