These beef bulgogi Korean tacos featured by Betty Crocker are not your typical Cinco de Mayo dish. Sirloin steak is marinated with soy sauce, green onions, and a pinch of sugar for 30 minutes before being cooked on the stovetop (if you can grill the steak, that would be even better). Each taco is then topped with a spicy Asian salsa using the famous sriracha hot sauce and a few sesame seeds. If you are looking to go in a different direction this Cinco de Mayo, these beef bulgogi Korean tacos are a delicious and unique dish to make.
Beef and Marinade:
3 medium green onions, chopped
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1lb beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced against the grain
1/2 cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce Cilantro Slaw
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
2 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
Tortillas and Garnish:
8 Old El Paso® flour tortillas for soft tacos and fajitas (6 inch), heated as directed on package
1 tablespoon sesame seed
In 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix beef and marinade ingredients. Seal bag. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in blender, place spicy salsa ingredients. Cover; blend on medium speed until smooth. Pour into small bowl. Set aside. In large bowl, mix all slaw ingredients except lettuce until well mixed. Set aside.
Drain beef; discard marinade. Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef in skillet 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown. Toss lettuce in slaw mixture.
Spoon beef on warm tortillas. Drizzle with spicy salsa, and top with slaw. Sprinkle tops with sesame seed.
Makes 8 servings
- Taco Bell Korea Offering Bulgogi Tacos
- Cinco de Mayo!
- 5 Drinks to Celebrate Cinco de Mayo
- Cinco de Mayo Treats: Margarita Ice Cream
- Gluten-Free + Vegan Chipotle and White Bean Burritos
- How-To Recipe: Mexican Flan
- Cinco de Mayo Vanilla Sugar Cookies Are a Fab Fiesta Food
- Fiesta Fajita Bowls
- Fiesta Fajita Bowls
- Easy Chicken Taquitos
- Tortillas With Beef and Mexican Cabbage Salad
- Maeun Bulgogi 매운 불고기 (Spicy Korean Barbecue Beef)
- Korean Bulgogi
- Grilled Fish Tacos W/ Spicy Tequila-Lime Guacamole
- Dak Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Chicken)
- Mexican Baked Eggs
- Potato, zucchini, red bell pepper, with bacon and herbs baked in a pot.
- Easy 30 minute ready potato “sails” with turkey ham, onion and cheese
- Tofu Katsu 두부 까스
- Spicy Edamame Hummus