After announcing that she wants to try her hand at a vegan lifestyle on The Ellen DeGeneres show, Meredith Vieira has finally taken the plunge.
After her appearance, Vieira received a copy of Paul McCartney's book on slaughterhouses, Glass Walls, from PETA along with a vegetarian/vegan starter kit and The Conscious Cook by Tal Ronnen. It seems PETA's generosity helped Vieira make the switch.
"I've done a lot of stories on the way food is, you know, processed in this country -- animals -- and it's very disturbing," she said.
- Celebrate Sir Paul McCartney's Birthday by Supporting Meatless Monday
- Paul McCartney Serves a Vegetarian Meal at his Wedding
- Paul McCartney Releases Song Promoting Vegetarian Diet
- PETA and PCRM Implore Paula Deen to Adopt a Vegan Diet
- 3 Celebs who had Meat-Free Weddings
- Paul McCartney Wants You to Have a Turkey-Less Thanksgiving
- Paul McCartney Speaks Out Against French Ban of Veggie Meals
- Paul McCartney Releases Vegetarian Cookbook
- Paul McCartney Wants School Lunches to go Meat-Less
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi to Open Vegan Restaurant
- Dandelion pesto
- Vegan Texas-Fried "Steak" Bites
- Indian Spiced Red Lentil Soup
- Scallops With Chouriço/vieiras Com Chouriço
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Vegan, Low Fat "A La Russe" Olivier Salad
- Delicious Lemon Cake
- Spiced Carrot and Ginger Soup
- Vegan Eggnog
- Rawssian Borscht