Banana orange muffin bread is the perfect baked morning treat. Moist with a light crumb, this bread is exactly what you want for breakfast. Mashed bananas are combined with orange zest and orange juice that is reminiscent of tropical flavors. The streusel topping is the best part about this bread; it's hard to resist the sugary buttery bits that slightly caramelize on top. Serve your banana orange muffin bread with your favorite orange marmalade and a pat of really good butter for a truly indulgent experience.
2 cups Flour
1/2 cup Sugar
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Mashed Bananas (about 2 medium ripe bananas)
1/4 cup Butter, melted
1 teaspoon Orange Peel (I would have used fresh orange zest if I was doing this myself but I didn't want them zesting)
1/3 cup Orange Juice
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1/4 cup Flour
1 teaspoon Orange Peel (would have zested here too)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray bottom of a 9 x 5 loaf pan with vegetable spray.
To prepare bread:
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In large mixer bowl combine bananas, egg, butter, orange and juice. Mix well.
Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and mix until just combined.
Pour into prepared pan.
To prepare streusel:
Combine butter, sugar, flour and orange peel in mixing bowl. Mix until blended. Mixture will be crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
Bake for 32 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Dynamite Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Mother's Day Brunch: Whole Wheat Blueberry Banana Muffins
- Sunday Baking: Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Going Bananas for Baking with Bananas
- Easter Brunch Recipes: Mocha Muffins
- Sunday Baking: Vegan Blueberry Ginger Muffins
- Light and Healthy: Protein Quinoa Muffins
- Coffee Crumb Cake Muffins - It's What's for Breakfast
- Back to School Breakfast: Berry Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Carrot Muffins