Raspberry mascarpone stuffed French toast is an indulgent breakfast. Thick slices of bread (good Italian bread or challah) is filled with with rich and creamy mascarpone cheese and tart raspberries. The dish is baked instead of frying each toast individually which makes it a great brunch option. Top the French toast with raspberry syrup and and fresh raspberries before serving. Raspberry mascarpone French Toast is sure to be a hit.
12 slices white bread, cut into pieces (best to use a hardier bread such as Italian or Challah
2 packages (8 oz) mascarpone, scooped out into chunks
2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
12 eggs, beaten 2 cups half and half
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 cups water
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons butter
Coat bottom and sides of 7x11" or 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray (if using the smaller size, bake it much longer due to the depth of the ingredients - - nearly one hour).
Place half of the bread pieces in the dish.
Scatter the chunks of cheese over the bread.
Scatter 1 cup of the berries over the mascarpone cheese.
Top with the remaining bread cubes.
In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, and syrup.
Pour over the bread mixture. With a flat spatula, gently push down the bread so that every piece is soaked in the egg-cream-syrup mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
Remove foil and bake 30 minutes or more until puffed up.
As mentioned above, if using the smaller baking pan size, as I did, the baking time is nearly one hour.
I also turned the oven up to 375 during the last half hour of baking.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk together the water, sugar, and cornstarch.
Bring to a boil over medium high heat or until thickened.
Gently fold in the remaining 1 cup raspberries and the butter.
Stir until the butter melts.
Remove the French toast from the oven and serve immediately with the sauce.
- Easter Brunch: Caramel Apple French Toast
- Top 5 Gluten Free Fruity French Toast Recipes
- 5 Fabulous French Toast Recipes
- Mother's Day Brunch: French Toast Casserole
- Bonkers for Banana Peanut Butter French Toast
- Low-Cal Breakfast: Cornflake Crunch French Toast
- French Toast in a Cup
- Insanely Delicious Cinnamon Marscapone Pancakes with Cheeries
- Family Breakfast: Brioche French Toast
- Slow Cooker Egg Nog French Toast Monkey Bread
- Caramel Apple Cream And White Chocolate Stuffed French Toast
- Raspberry and Italian Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast
- Baked Pumpkin French Toast - gluten free, dairy free, soy free
- Berry Baked French Toast
- French Toast With Cinnamon and Nutmeg
- Overnight French Toast
- French Custard Toast
- French Toast Loaf
- French Toast Casserole
- Baked Blueberry French Toast