This refreshing Thai green papaya salad is a the perfect dish to enjoy on a hot summer day. Thin strips of green papaya are marinated with garlic, chili, fish sauce and palm sugar. It hits all the right flavor notes in Asian cooking: hot, sour,salty, sweet. Green papaya is simply an unripe papaya and is usually available at Asian markets. To create the thin shavings of papaya necessary for this dish, you can use the grating attachment to your food processor or by using a julienne peeler. Thai green papaya salad is this summer's must-try dish.
400g Papaya (shredded)
4 Cloves Garlic
2-3 Green Thai chili
10 Cherry tomatoes
80g Long beans
3-4 teaspoon Fish sauce
4-5 teaspoon Lime juice
20g Dried shrimps
40g Peanuts (toasted)
Peel the green papaya and shred the papaya with a zigzag peeler.
Soak the papaya in water to remove the acid and make it crispy.
Crush the chili, garlic, long beans, dried shrimps and peanuts with a mortar and pestle. Mix all the ingredients together and serve.
- Refreshing Rice Noodle Salad with Mango and Snow Peas
- Thai Chicken Salad
- Light and Healthy Thai Broccoli Salad Bowls
- Summer Salads to Keep You Fit Throughout the Season
- Easy Thai Beef Salad
- Cool and Crisp Spicy Coconut and Squid Salad
- Must-Read Blog Posts: Exciting Dishes from the East
- Simple Thai Salad with Chinese Pork Sausage
- Coconut Shrimp Salad Rolls
- 5 Amazing Asian Soups