Florence the Shark is the first vegetarian shark in existence. The veggie-loving mammal originally ate meat, but after a surgery three years ago, her mind and body went from craving steaks to salad. Though this finned friend prefers vegetables, she does require meat to obtain proper nutrition, causing the Sea Life Center to hide fish in celery sticks, cucumbers and lettuce.
Florence the Shark isn't the only oddly named mammal that's vegetarian: Alicia Silverstone's son Bear Blu sticks to a plant-based diet as well.
- 8 Ways To Spice Up Your Homemade Juice Creations
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- Gluten Free Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- What You Didn't Know About Quinoa & A Recipe
- Easiest Ever Gluten Free Lentil Fennel Artichoke Salad
- Meatless Monday: 3 Simply Sophisticated Soups
- Ellen DeGeneres Launches Vegan Website, "Going Vegan With Ellen"
- 6 Healthy Potato Chip Alternatives
- Honey LaBronx Launches Vegan Drag Queen Cooking Show
- Meatless Monday: 3 Gluten Free Super Sweet Potato Recipes
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Grilled Shark Steak
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Triple Chocolate Vegan Banana Bread
- Dandelion pesto
- Vegan Texas-Fried "Steak" Bites
- Indian Spiced Red Lentil Soup