Michelle Pfeiffer announced on Piers Morgan Tonight that she has adopted a vegan diet and credits the move to CNN's The Last Heart Attack, a special that examined plant-based diets as a way of treating heart conditions.
The actress revealed she found hope in her new diet when she heard that Bill Clinton had managed to stick to his own plant-based diet.
"Okay, Bill Clinton loves food, so there must be something to [veganism] that's making him stick to it," she said. "And also, he's smart, so he's not going to do something unless he really thinks there's some science behind it."
Leading a healthier lifestyle isn't the only reason why Pfeiffer wanted to change her diet. "Vanity is right under there, but I have to say that it's a close second with wanting to live long."
- Michelle Pfeiffer Says Her Vegan Diet Keeps Her Looking Young
- Ellen DeGeneres Turns to Bill Clinton for Advice on Vegan Restaurant Menu
- Bill Clinton Talks Vegan Diet With Ellen
- Ellen DeGeneres Launches Vegan Website, "Going Vegan With Ellen"
- Mischa Barton Credits Mostly Vegan Diet for Weight Loss
- Carrie Underwood Shares Favorite Vegan Snacks and Diet Strategies
- Kristen Wiig and Russell Brand Named PETA's Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities of 2011
- 5 Celebrities Who Became Vegan in 2011
- The Anne Hathaway Catwoman Diet: "Kale and Dust"
- Giuliana Rancic Goes Vegan
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad
- Triple Chocolate Vegan Banana Bread
- Dandelion pesto
- Vegan Texas-Fried "Steak" Bites
- Indian Spiced Red Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin Carrot Soup
- Vegan, Low Fat "A La Russe" Olivier Salad