The Walt Disney Company has announced that it will only advertise healthy children's food on it's television channels, radio and website.
This makes Disney the first major media company to address the issue of advertisement and junk food for children. By 2015, all the food and beverage products will have to meet the company's criteria. The stations included in this ruling are:
Saturday morning shows for kids on (Disney owned)ABC stations
- Study: Healthy Food is Nowhere to be seen on TV Ads for Kids
- The Healthy Vending Revolution is ON
- Kellogg's Fiber Plus Faces Off Against Chocolate Lava Cupcake
- Toying with Kiddies Health
- 'Good Luck Charlie' Got Milk? Ads
- Government to Limit Advertisments Aimed at Kids
- Disney Adds Gluten-Free Beer, Fruit Smoothies and Organic Teas to Upcoming Landscape of Flavors Food Court
- Find out what Nicole Scherzinger Eats when she Gets 'Crazy'
- Pinterest Board of the Week: Disney Wedding Theme
- Minnie Mouse Dress Cookies Are a Girlish Disney Dessert