Surprise Dad this Fathers' Day with a plate of sweet and spicy maple glazed baby back ribs. Baby back ribs are rubbed with spices including onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper and baked in the oven until tender (when the meat has begun to pull away from the bone). When they are almost finished, real maple syrup is brushed on the ribs for a sweet finish. I prefer grade B maple syrup for this recipe because it has a deeper flavor that pairs well with the spice rub. Maple glazed baby back ribs are sure to make Dad happy on his special day.
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1 tbs of garlic powder
1/2 tbs of onion powder
1 tsp of cayenne pepper (more if you like it spicy)
1 tsp of coarse black pepper
1 tsp of sea salt
1/4 cup of maple syrup
Preheat oven to 375F degree. Poke holes through the ribs membrane with a small knife.
In a bowl, mix together brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, coarse black pepper, and sea salt. Season the ribs on both sides with the rub.
Cover and seal the ribs with tin foil (you might have to use 2 sheets of foils). Place the covered ribs on a roasting pan with the membrane facing up. Bake for 1 hour or until the meat starts to pull away from the bone.
Carefully uncover the foil and brush both sides of the ribs with maple syrup. Place the uncovered ribs back in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
Remove the ribs from the oven. Brush the front side of ribs with maple syrup. Turn the broiler to high and broil the ribs on top rack for 3-4 minutes or until browned. An alternative to this is to use a flame torch to brown the ribs.
- Memorial Day Barbecue Recipes: Italian Spiced Baby Back Ribs
- Marvelous Maple Glazed Baby Back Ribs
- Father's Day On the Grill: A BBQ Menu That'll Stick To His Ribs
- Guinness Braised Short Rib Sliders
- 5 Rib Recipes to Rock Dad's World on Father's Day
- Coffee Infused BBQ Baby Back Ribs
- Memorable Maple Brown Sugar Baked Beans
- 5 Grilled Main Dishes to Serve at Your Labor Day Barbecue
- Mustard-Maple Ham Steaks With Cider-Madeira Sauce
- Stop Everything And Make These Spring Onion And Cheddar Scones Right Now
- Barbecued Baby Back Pork Ribs and Bush's Grillin' Beans
- Coffee-Infused Bbq Baby Back Ribs
- Apple Glazed BBQ Baby Back Ribs
- Baby Back Barbecue Ribs
- Hickory Smoked Cajun Baby Back Ribs
- Shanghainese Baby Back Ribs
- Smoked Baby Back Ribs With A Chipotle Raspberry Bbq Sauce
- Barbecued Baby Back Ribs
- Hot Weather Baby Back Ribs
- Fall Off The Bone Baby Back Ribs