Jamie Oliver has been working to convince the UK government to improve the overall nutrition in schools, but the celebrity chef now says he has "lost faith" in the government. Oliver feels UK's Education Secretary Michael Gove has been trying to hinder the progress Oliver has made.
"I've lost faith in Government, I'll pay my taxes, but I don't particularly expect to see anything," Oliver said. "Michael Gove is a nice enough chap and he's got great energy, but it took me a couple of meetings to realize there's no point in going back again. He was just charming me and telling me that he is eroding everything that the public demanded and asked for."
Oliver's most recent battle was convincing the government that Academy schools need strict rules for the types of food they can offer students, just like state-controlled schools do.
- Jamie Oliver says UK Government is Putting his Work with Healthy School Lunches at Risk
- Jamie Oliver to Release American Version of Jamie Magazine
- Jamie Oliver Is a Reluctant Crusader
- Jamie Oliver Celebrates Food Revolution Day
- Jamie Oliver: LA School Kids Fed 57 Tons of Sugar Each Week
- Jamie Oliver is Entering the App Market
- Jamie Oliver to Open his First American Restaurant
- McDonald's Loses Pink Slime, is Jamie Oliver to Thank?
- Jamie Oliver Launches New Line of Appliances With Philips
- Jamie Oliver Releases Ethically Sourced Fish Fingers
- Quick & Healthy Fava Beans, Chickpeas, Olives With Tomatoes
- Bacalhau (Dried Cod Fish) Con Olive Oil and Tomato
- Salad Of Lost Jewels With Sweet Chili Dressing
- Lost Chicken
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Olives and Olive Oil
- Jamie's Peanut Butter Cups
- Jamie Boudreau's Hot Toddy
- Jamie Boudreau's Cognac Cocktail
- Jamie Boudreau Nightschool Cocktail
- Jamie Boudreau Drinking Lessons Cocktail