Pastry Chef Dolores Munoz from Soho House shares a recipe for one of her favorite summertime desserts. Tart homemade buttermilk sherbet is paired with a complex roasted strawberry sauce. The buttermilk sherbet is flavored with lemon juice and zest and agave syrup (instead of sugar) and churned in an ice cream maker. Ice cream maker are now widely available and can be purchased for approximately $50. The roasted strawberry sauce is versatile and absoloutely dynamite with the sherbet. You can also pour it over a piece of cake or if a craving calls, simply eat it on it's own.
Lemon Buttermilk Sherbet:
Yields: about 1 qt
3 c Buttermilk
3/4 c agave syrup
2 each medium size lemons, juice and zest
Pinch of salt
With a whisk, combine all ingredients together until well blended. Chill the mixture in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Pour the chilled mixture into ice cream machine and churn. Transfer sherbet into a plastic container, cover with plastic wrap and keep in freezer until ready to use.
2 pints Harry’s Berries strawberries, stems off
3/4 c sugar
1/4 c sweet Vermouth (Dolin)
1 ea vanilla bean, seeds scrape
Set oven at 400 F.
In a hotel pan, combine the strawberries, sugar, Vermouth, water and vanilla.
Place the pan in the oven, on the top rack and roast for 5 minutes. Toss the strawberries by shaking the pan back and forth and roast another 5 minutes.
Roast the berries until the juice is bubbling and it has become syrupy. If the strawberries get some color, it’s ok, the berries will look more pretty once they are served.
Cool and keep at room temperature.
- What's in Season: Blackberry Sherbet
- Wild Watermelon Sherbet Chipwiches
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Pops
- How to Make Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream: A Video
- Spectacular Strawberry and Cream Cheese Ice Cream
- Thirsty Thursdays: Strawberry Cream Shots
- Satisfying Strawberry Cheesecake Pops
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Shot Glasses Are Indulgent and Decadent
- 6 Must Try Cocktail Popsicle Recipes
- Frozen Strawberry Pie
- Orange Sherbet Ice-Cream
- Strawberry Lime Basil Sherbet
- Strawberry Bites
- Sweet Strawberry and Peaches Verrine
- Lemon Victoria Sandwich Cake with Raspberries, Strawberries and Clotted cream
- Strawberry Lemon Buttermilk Muffins
- cornmeal crepes, buttermilk ricotta and gin-balsamic strawberries
- Vintage Recipe Project: Strawberry Sponge Pie
- Tripple Berry Buttermilk Sherbet
- Strawberry Gelato