Twitter co-founders Biz Stone and Evan Williams are now investing in vegan mock meats. The businessmen are focusing on a startup called Beyond Meat, which is not shocking seeing as Stone is a longstanding vegan. The company has created a plant-based meat that is GMO-free and plans on releasing Vegan Chicken Strips. Oddly, though, the meat is not exactly pure: it contains soy, canola oil, maltodextrin, dipotassium phosphate and titanium dioxide.
Twitter has inspired some unique products as well, such as the Tweet Pie cookbook.
- Lyfe Restaurant Co-founded by Former McDonald's CEO
- Beyond Guacamole: Baking with Avocados
- Tweets Cause Chipotle Menu Change
- Miley Cyrus Receives Vegan Cookbook from PETA
- Jamie King: It's Expensive to be Vegan
- Morrissey Instructs Concert Security to Search Fans for Meat Products
- Meatless Monday: Chiles Rellenos
- Favorite Fall Chili Recipes, Gluten Free
- Weird Wednesday Links: LEGO Mugs, NFL Lockout Food Writers and Vegan Prison Food
- Let Food Be Thy Medicine: A Review of 'Forks Over Knives'