If you're looking for a delicious gluten free recipe, try these amazing savory quinoa and black rice tart-like bites. They're vegetarian too!
Gluten Free Crispy Quinoa Bites
Gluten-Free and Vegetarian
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
1/2 cup uncooked black rice
2 large eggs
1 cup Vidalia onions, finely chopped
1 cup dairy-free shredded mozzarella cheese
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
1/3 cup grape tomatoes, diced
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 tsp. chili powder
2 chives, finely chopped, for garnish
2 cups of homemade tomato sauce, for serving
Cook quinoa and rice according to package directions. Prepare muffin pan with nonstick baking spray.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa and rice with remaining ingredients, except chives and pasta sauce; mix well to combine. Transfer quinoa and rice mixture to prepared muffin pan. Using a tablespoon, fill each muffin cup to the top, then using a spatula, press down on the mixture to create a flat surface.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 15 minutes. Using a teaspoon, gently remove rice and quinoa snacks from the muffin cups.
Transfer to a serving platter; serve with a sprinkle of fresh chives and a side of tomato sauce for dipping.
- What You Didn't Know About Quinoa & A Recipe
- Light and Healthy: Protein Quinoa Muffins
- Light and Healthy Quinoa Burrito Bowls
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Ingredient of the Week: Quinoa
- Wheatless Wednesdays: Quinoa Casserole
- Gluten-Free Chicken and Quinoa Stir Fry
- Sensational Roasted Cauliflower with Apples and Dill, Gluten Free + Vegan
- Decadent & Healthy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Gluten Free Roasted Figs 3 Ways
- Spicy Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- Mock Mashed Potato with crispy onions and shallots
- Healthy Quinoa Salad With Apricots and Almonds
- Savory Roasted Pepper and Basil Quiche Bites Appetizer
- Chocolate Pistachio Energy Bites
- Dark Chocolate Chunk Quinoa Granola Bars
- Light Clam Chowder
- Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- Easy Millet Salad Recipe
- Cranberry Pudding with Coconut Whipped Cream-gluten free, vegan