June 25, 2012
Enjoy this summer spinach pesto pasta salad for Meatless Monday. Fresh spinach pesto (made in the food processor) is combined with pasta and grilled veggies for a delicious dish. You will want to use any pasta that has deep ridges, like penne or fusilli, to help the pesto sauce stick to the noodles. This recipe calls for zucchini, yellow squash, and cherry tomatoes but you can use whatever vegetables are available to you. This could include eggplant, mushrooms, and peppers, for example. An extra sprinkling of Parmesan cheese is the finishing touch to this spinach pesto pasta salad.
Spinach Pesto Pasta Salad
9 ounces package of fresh spinach, rinsed and drained
10 Basil leaves or more to taste
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
1 medium yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise
Cook pasta according to package directions in a 4-qt sauce pan. Drain and rinse under cold running water using a large colander.
Meanwhile, cut zucchini and squash in half lengthwise using a crinkle cutter; cut into ¼ inch thick slices. Put cherry tomatoes on a skewer; spray vegetables with cooking spray; add salt and pepper to taste. Grill until vegetables are tender and crisp for about 6 to 8 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling using tongs.
- 4 Vegetarian Recipes with a Pop of Pesto
- Meatless Monday: Pasta with Sage & Grilled Tomatoes
- Easy Vegetarian Meals to Make for Meatless Monday
- Meatless Monday: Spring Pea and Pesto Pizza
- Meatless Monday: Pasta Salad with Zucchini and Summer Squash
- 3 Vegetarian Recipes to Try on Meatless Monday
- Meatless Monday: Vegan Butternut Squash and Lentil Pot Pie
- Meatless Monday: Pasta with Pumpkin Parmesan Sauce
- Meatless Monday: Vegetarian Meatballs
- Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Curry For All Seasons