Kraft sparked a bit of controversy this week when a photo of this rainbow Oreo was posted on the Oreo Facebook page with the caption, "Proudly support love!" The photo has gotten nearly 260,000 likes as of this post, over 81,700 shares and nearly 48,000 comments that range from support to outrage.
The Huffington Post UK spoke to a representative from Kraft, who said of the rainbow Oreo photo, "In recognition of Pride Month, Oreo created an ad depicting the rainbow flag with different colors of Oreo creme. We are excited to illustrate what is making history today in a fun and playful way. As a company, Kraft Foods has a proud history of celebrating diversity and inclusiveness. We feel the Oreo ad is a fun reflection of our values."
Check out the full rainbow Oreo below. What do you think about the snack brand's support of Pride Month?
- The Oreo Mars Rover Tribute is a Hit With Fans
- Omaha Steaks Opens Up a Facebook Storefront
- Buy Virtual Dunkin' Donuts in the Sims Social Facebook Game
- Facebook Kills Off Deals Feature
- Chick-For-Gay Sandwich is a Pro-LGBT Chicken Sandwich
- Introducing The Gay Coffee Company
- Beaver's Restaurant Offers a Chick-on-Chick Sandwich in Response to Chick-fil-A's Anti-Gay Stance
- Another Gay Slur Scandal
- Big Gay Ice Cream Truck Cookbook
- Budweiser Makes Ad with Gay Soldier?