A small Michigan brewery company wrote a blog post back in March 2010 that went mostly unnoticed until very recently. Dark Horse Brewery took to their website to talk about an opportunity to have their beverages featured in a Nickelback music video. From the looks of the post, the company wasn't exactly excited by this prospect.
"It's obvious that this would be a great opportunity for us and maybe get some mainstream youth into craft beer rather than the swill. However, none of us at the brewery really care for the band (or frat parties) so our knee jerk reaction is 'no thanks'," the blog post reads. "But how cool would it be to see our beer in a video?"
The post also reveals that 'head brewer' Aaron Morse asked, "Why can't it be some cool band like Slayer?"
Apparently, the original music video idea was to have the brewery's truck making a delivery to a frat house and have partiers holding bottles of Dark Horse.
- Kenny Chesney, Grace Potter "You and Tequila" Win Best Music Video of 2011
- Rihanna is the Latest Vita Coco Celebrity Spokesperson
- Cheerios: Lady Gaga "Marry the Night" Music Video is Fine With Us!
- Watch a Preview of Taylor Swift's First Diet Coke Commercial
- LeBron James Adds Sheets Energy Strips to His NBA Finals Routine
- Enrique Iglesias Partners with Atlantico Rum
- Reggie Bush Stars in Pizza Hut Commercial
- Gwyneth Paltrow is the New Face of Vegan Food Brand
- Top Chef Canada Angers Viewers Over Horse Meat Episode
- Piers Morgan: "Cheryl Cole Eats Like a Horse"
- PowerHouse Cheese Cake with Xocai Healthy Chocolate
- Devil's Food Cake Recipe
- Jump Up Chocolate Chicken
- Xocai Healthy Dark Chocolate Brownies
- Xocai Chocolate Cake
- Nuggets Revisited with Xocai Healthy Chocolate
- Xocai Healthy Chocolate Dreams
- Deluxe Xocai Truffles
- Xocai Oatmeal Dark Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- Trail Mix Bars with Xocai Healthy Dark Chocolate