This amazing red, white, and blue ombre cake from The Purple Mixer is the ultimate 4th of July dessert. This 9 layer cake is composed of three red layers, three white layers, and three blue layers (with varying shades with the exception of white). Sarah, the creator of this patriotic cake, uses boxed white cake mix instead of a homemade recipe. This step will save you time and allow you to focus on the assembly and decorating as opposed to the baking. Each layer is coated in vanilla frosting and the cake is topped with pop rocks (it's like fireworks in your mouth).
Red, White and Blue Ombre Cake
3 boxes white cake mix
4 tubs of whipped vanilla frosting
6 egg whites
36 ounces diet Sprite (4 ½ cups)
Red food coloring
Blue food coloring
Strawberry (or any red color) Pop Rocks
3 9-inch cake pans
3 medium bowls
For full recipe instructions, click here.
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Desserts to Celebrate the 4th of July
- Red, White and Blue-Berry Pie
- Individual Red White and Blue Pies in a Jar
- Red, White and Blue Berry Torte for the Fourth of July
- Red, White, and Blue Tie Dye Cupcakes: A Video
- Red White & Blue to Celebrate The Star Spangled Banner
- 4th of July Menu: Red White and Blue Through and Through!
- The 18 Layer Red Velvet Cake is an Impressive Dessert
- 5 Green Desserts for St. Patrick's Day
- Red and White Holiday Pancakes