Join the Fourth of July festivities by making these gluten-free and dairy-free red velvet cupcakes. This all-American dessert has been adapted to suit anyone's dietary restrictions. This version of red velvet is light and absolutely delicious.
2 1/2 cups gluten-free cake flour
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
1/8 cup light agave syrup
1 1/2 cups canola oil
2 large eggs at room temperature
3/4 teaspoon red gel/paste food coloring
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 rounded tablespoons Tofutti “cream cheese” almond or soy milk (directions below)
2 tablespoons 1 plus tsp distilled white vinegar, separated
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
Preheat oven to 350º
Line 24 cupcake molds (I did an even 12 cupcakes and 24 minis)
Add Tofutti cream cheese to a liquid measuring cup and fill to just shy of one cup with almond or soy milk. Whisk thoroughly with a fork until smooth. Add 1 Tbsp white vinegar and continue mixing.
In a small bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and salt thoroughly.
In the bowl of a standing mixer, mix sugar, agave and oil thoroughly on medium speed.
Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well between additions.
Add vanilla and coloring and mix in.
Turn speed down to low. Add the flour in three additions, alternating with 1/2 of the “buttermilk”. Make sure to mix thoroughly between additions. 9Mix baking soda and remaining 2 tsps vinegar until foamy. Add and beat for 10 seconds or until incorporated.
Bake for 14 minutes (small) or 22 minutes (large), rotating pan halfway through.
Cool in pan for at least 5 minutes before removing to cool on a rack, or cool completely in pans.
Definitely cool completely before frosting.
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- 5 Easy Gluten Free Back to School Treats
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- DIY Bake A Heart Into A Cupcake
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Vegan Recipe Roundup: 5 Fall Favorites
- 5 Best Gluten Free Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes
- 3 Frighteningly Delicious Gluten Free Halloween Treats!
- Gluten Free + Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Desserts
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- Gingered Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Little Red Velvet Riding Hood Cupcakes
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Orange Rosemary Cupcakes
- Perfect Vanilla Cupcakes-Gluten And Dairy Free
- Gluten Free Yellow Cake And Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Gluten And Dairy Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- Cocoa Stout Cupcakes
- Tia's Treats