We can't make this stuff up.
Arctic Zero Inc. of Escondido, Ca. has recalled pints and chocolate dipped bars produced before February of 2012, due to undeclared milk allergen.
After February 2012, the product label included an appropriate statement on the label.
From the recall:
The Arctic Zero Frozen Desserts products were sold in 8 varieties of 16 ounce pints as follows:
- Chocolate (UPC: 8-52244-00300-8)
- Vanilla Maple (UPC: 8-52244-00306-0)
- Mint Chocolate Cookie (UPC: 8-52244-00304-6)
- Cookies and Cream (UPC: 8-52244-00303-9)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter (UPC: 8-52244-00301-5)
- Coffee (UPC: 8-52244-00302-2)
- Strawberry (UPC: 8-52244-00305-3)
- Pumpkin Spice (UPC: 8-52244-00307-7)
Product codes and manufacture dates are located at the bottom of the pints.
The Arctic Zero Frozen Desserts products were also sold in 2 varieties of 4 pack chocolate dipped bars as follows:
- Strawberry and Orange Cream (UPC: 8-52244-00309-1)
- Chocolate and Vanilla (UPC: 8-52244-00308-4)
Product codes and manufacture dates are located on the right side of the front panel of the boxes.
The products were distributed nationwide and sold at retailers including: Whole Foods, Publix, Sprouts, Winn Dixie, Independent Natural and Grocery Stores.