Whether you know them as creamsicles or 50-50 bars, these orange and cream flavored ice pops are a delicious frozen treat. This recipe is super easy and straightforward, the hardest part is waiting for the ice pop mixture to cool and freeze. It is important to use fresh orange juice for this recipe because you really want that pure citrus flavor to shine through. Creamsicles are the ideal dessert to help you beat the summer heat.
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
2 tsp. orange zest
3 oz. low-fat buttermilk
4 oz. cream
In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and water to make the simple syrup. Bring to a boil until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool. Set aside 1/3 cup.
In another saucepan over medium-low heat, mix together 1/3 cup simple syrup, orange juice and zest. Bring the mixture just to a simmer. Remove from heat and let cool.
In a large measuring cup, stir together the the orange syrup, buttermilk, and cream. Place mixture into the refrigerator for an hour to cool.
Pour into ice pop molds and place into the freezer and allow 3-4 hours for the mixture to be completely frozen. Unmold and enjoy!
- 5 Cool Creamsicles
- 6 Must Try Cocktail Popsicle Recipes
- 4 Homemade Frozen Treats that the Ice Cream Man Used to Sell
- 3 Ice Cream Sandwiches You Won't Want To Miss This Summer
- Grilled Peaches with Vegan Blueberry Ice Cream
- 5 Smoldering S'mores Recipes for National S'mores Day
- Decadent Desserts: No Bake Turtle Pumpkin Pie, Gluten Free
- Crazy Good Nanaimo Ice Cream Bars
- Incredible Ice Box Pies for Summer
- Copycat Recipes: Carvel Ice Cream Cake