Whether you know them as creamsicles or 50-50 bars, these orange and cream flavored ice pops are a delicious frozen treat. This recipe is super easy and straightforward, the hardest part is waiting for the ice pop mixture to cool and freeze. It is important to use fresh orange juice for this recipe because you really want that pure citrus flavor to shine through. Creamsicles are the ideal dessert to help you beat the summer heat.
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
2 tsp. orange zest
3 oz. low-fat buttermilk
4 oz. cream
In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and water to make the simple syrup. Bring to a boil until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool. Set aside 1/3 cup.
In another saucepan over medium-low heat, mix together 1/3 cup simple syrup, orange juice and zest. Bring the mixture just to a simmer. Remove from heat and let cool.
In a large measuring cup, stir together the the orange syrup, buttermilk, and cream. Place mixture into the refrigerator for an hour to cool.
Pour into ice pop molds and place into the freezer and allow 3-4 hours for the mixture to be completely frozen. Unmold and enjoy!
- 5 Cool Creamsicles
- 3 Ice Cream Sandwiches You Won't Want To Miss This Summer
- Grilled Peaches with Vegan Blueberry Ice Cream
- 4 Homemade Frozen Treats that the Ice Cream Man Used to Sell
- Incredible Ice Box Pies for Summer
- 5 Ice Cream Recipes We Love
- Spicy Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
- S'more Ice Cream Pie for Father's Day
- Copycat Recipes: Carvel Ice Cream Cake
- Decadent Chocolate Stout Ice Cream
- Blood Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream
- Fresh and Chilled Cherry Yogurt Smoothie
- Orange Sherbet Ice-Cream
- Baked Alaska Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- Papaya Ice Cream
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Ice Cream
- Peach Ice Cream Cake
- Vegan Blueberry "Ice Cream"
- Bittersweet Chocolate Ice Cream
- Versatile French Vanilla Ice Cream