Dean McDermott celebrated his new website, TheGourmetDad.com, by hosting a dinner party at the Andaz West Hollywood Hotel earlier this week. The actor and husband to Tori Spelling cooked the meal himself, which was fit for a child's birthday party but made into five-courses for adults.
"One of the meals was a piece of salmon that was made to look like a surfboard," one dinner party guest said. "And there were blue mashed potatoes that were made to look like the ocean. It was really fun-themed."
For dessert, McDermott made the same Rice Krispie treats he made for his daughter's last birthday party.
"[Dean] was decked out in full chef attire and seemed really into explaining the dishes and making sure the guests enjoyed his food," the source added.
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: Kate McDermott!
- Andrew Zimmern Talks Dinner Party Etiquette
- Not My Dad's Stew
- Dad's Caramelized Apples With Apricot and Rose Glaze
- My Dad's Limerick Ham
- Dad's Delightfully Devilish Day
- Trade Dad's Tie For Some Krispy Kreme Love
- Dad's Hat Pennsylvania Rye Whiskey
- Surf and Turf: 10 BBQ Recipes That Will Rock Dad's Day
- 5 Rib Recipes to Rock Dad's World on Father's Day