Anne Hathaway spent a year and a half working out at the gym and sticking to a strict diet to prepare for her role as Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises. The actress previously joked her diet consisted of 'kale and dust,' but is now opening up about what it really took to get in her catsuit.
"Keeping a consistent weight was hard. I worked really hard, but I wouldn't describe it as killer. I was able to shift my entire life so it became about transforming myself into the character," Hathaway said. "Everyone in my life understood and if I went out to meals with friends they understood that I could only go to certain restaurants. It required a ton of hard work and discipline, which I never had to do before."
After filming The Dark Knight Rises, Hathaway decided to switch from a vegetarian to a vegan diet, to give her less of an opportunity to indulge in unhealthy foods.
"After I finished the rooftop fight [scene], I ate four slices of pizza and split a bottle of red wine with my guy," she said. "I hadn't eaten like that in months. I felt so ill. By the time the movie finished, I decided to give veganism a try. You can't go hog-wild as a vegan. You can eat a lot of pasta and have a few vegan pastries."
- The Anne Hathaway Catwoman Diet: "Kale and Dust"
- Anne Hathaway Doesn't Want to Talk About her Les Miserables Diet
- Anne Hathaway was 'Obsessed' with Losing Weight for Les Miserables
- Anne Hathaway Talks 'Les Miserables' Diet
- Is Anne Hathaway Only Eating 500 Calories a Day?
- Anne Hathaway's 'Les Misérables' Diet
- Anne Hathaway Struggles to be Vegetarian in the UK
- Gladys Knight Slims Down on 'Dancing With The Stars'
- Alice Eve Talks 'Star Trek' Diet
- Office-Wide Juice Cleanses Are on the Rise
- Brown Sugar Sponge Cookie w/ Chocolate Covered Caramels
- Broccoli florets with Gorgonzola dressing
- Red Palm Oil, Fish Fillet with Mushrooms & Kale.
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad
- Black Forest Sundae
- Baked S'mores Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Banana Protein Oat Bars
- Self Rising Flour
- Kiwi-Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- Jump Up Chocolate Chicken