Lena Dunham made waves with her television series Girls, and the television gods have taken notice. The show has gotten four Emmy Nominations and the creator and star of the show wants to celebrate with burritos... but not the gross kind.
"I'm already looking for a menu because I'd like to eat a burrito at lunch," Dunham told Vulture when asked how she would celebrate the nominations. "Literally, the minute I found out, I said, 'I'm eating a burrito. No one is going to stop me.'"
The comedian explained that her diet of late has consisted of a lot of salads, so a burrito would be a nice change. "Normally, I go more in the salad direction. I begrudgingly eat a salad and supplement it with too many nuts."
But Dunham isn't looking for the kind of burrito one would think is fit for a celebration. Her idea of a celebratory burrito is actually quite healthy.
"I want a whole-wheat burrito with chicken and guac and cheese and rice and lots of vegetables," Dunham said. "I don't even want some grotesque thing that's going to make me feel like I'm about to give birth to twins. I just want something in the burrito family."
- Emmy Awards 2012: The Menu
- 5 Awards Show Menus of 2012
- Sandra Lee and Bobby Flay Win Big at Daytime Emmys
- Anthony Bourdain, Jamie Oliver and Padma Lakshmi Get Emmy Nods
- Jamie Oliver Wants Better Food Education in Britain
- Alicia Silverstone Wants Russian Government to Serve Vegan Meals to Imprisoned Girl Band Members
- Emmy Host Jane Lynch Enjoys Eating
- Jeff Dunham's Wedding Menu
- James Beard Foundation Winners Announced
- The 2013 Golden Globes Menu