Get ready to make your own Chicago-style hot dog in the comfort of your kitchen.
Every city (and every area of the country) has its culinary quirks, some local specialty the people call their own. Chicagoans have created a masterpiece of a hot dog by piling on the mustard, veggies (many of them pickled) and specific spices.
Check out the diagram below for a step-by-step dissection of a true Chicago hot dog.
TIP: Never add ketchup -- it's taboo! Some vendors won't even offer it as a condiment.
- Chicago-Style Hot Dog iPhone Cover Resembles the Classic Street Meat
- Tasty Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza Recipe
- Bull Meat Secret To Chicago Hot Dogs
- What's Hot: Easy Southwest Style Mac And Cheese
- Rob Merlino Celebrates National Hot Dog Month With a 31-Day Frankfurter Binge
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Runs Anti-Hot Dog Billboard
- Infographic: Inside The Wine Enthusiast's Top 100 Wines for 2012
- Introducing a Food Truck for Dogs
- Joey Chestnut Wins Fifth Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest in a Row
- "The Black Widow" Sonya Thomas Wins the First Women's Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Gluten Free Corn Dogs
- Hot Dog From Karachi
- Hot Dog Mummies
- Hairy Hot Dogs
- Spicy Chicken Corn Dogs with Homemade Chili Sauce
- Spicy Southwestern-style Hot Crab Dip
- Peanut Butter Carob Drop Dog Treats
- Stuffed Okra-North Indian Style
- Green Chilli Pickle -North Indian Style
- Caponata Style Celery Spaghetti Sauce