Get ready to make your own Chicago-style hot dog in the comfort of your kitchen.
Every city (and every area of the country) has its culinary quirks, some local specialty the people call their own. Chicagoans have created a masterpiece of a hot dog by piling on the mustard, veggies (many of them pickled) and specific spices.
Check out the diagram below for a step-by-step dissection of a true Chicago hot dog.
TIP: Never add ketchup -- it's taboo! Some vendors won't even offer it as a condiment.
- Chicago-Style Hot Dog iPhone Cover Resembles the Classic Street Meat
- Tasty Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza Recipe
- Bull Meat Secret To Chicago Hot Dogs
- Classic-Style Pigs In A Blanket Recipe
- Easy Super Bowl Appetizer: Mini Corn Dog Pops
- 5 Must-Have Halloween Party Foods
- Make Homemade Pigs in A Blanket
- Bacon Chili Dogs and Other Memorial Day Mains
- Snacks on a Stick Maker is Easy to Use for Portable Snackage
- Rob Merlino Celebrates National Hot Dog Month With a 31-Day Frankfurter Binge