Get ready to make your own Chicago-style hot dog in the comfort of your kitchen.
Every city (and every area of the country) has its culinary quirks, some local specialty the people call their own. Chicagoans have created a masterpiece of a hot dog by piling on the mustard, veggies (many of them pickled) and specific spices.
Check out the diagram below for a step-by-step dissection of a true Chicago hot dog.
TIP: Never add ketchup -- it's taboo! Some vendors won't even offer it as a condiment.
- Chicago-Style Hot Dog iPhone Cover Resembles the Classic Street Meat
- Bull Meat Secret To Chicago Hot Dogs
- Snacks on a Stick Maker is Easy to Use for Portable Snackage
- Rob Merlino Celebrates National Hot Dog Month With a 31-Day Frankfurter Binge
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Runs Anti-Hot Dog Billboard
- Celiac Saturday: Gluten Free Franks
- Ball Park and Oscar Mayer Wiener War Kicks Off in Court
- Joey Chestnut Wins Fifth Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest in a Row
- "The Black Widow" Sonya Thomas Wins the First Women's Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Laser-Engraved Hot Dogs Send a Savory Message