July 24, 2012
Celebrate National Tequila Day with this easy recipe for tequila lime shrimp. Shrimp is quickly sauteed with garlic, chili powder, lime juice, and of course tequila. These tasty shrimp can be served as a soft taco in corn tortillas or on their own with a side of Mexican rice and beans. The obvious choice for a cocktail is an icy margarita. Tequila lime shrimp will leave you satisfied and stress-free.
2 tablespoons Butter
2 tablespoons Olive oil
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 pounds Medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
3 tablespoons Tequila
Juice of 1-2 limes
Chili powder, to taste
4 tablespoons Coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over a medium heat. Add garlic and shrimp; cook about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in tequila, lime juice, salt, and chili powder. Cook 2 minutes more or until most of the liquid is evaporated and shrimp is pink and glazed. Add cilantro.
- Sizzling Cinco de Mayo Recipes: Tequila Lime Shrimp
- National Margarita Day: Pomegranate Margarita
- National Margarita Day: Prickly Pear Margarita
- It's National Margarita Day
- The Perfect Margarita Honors National Tequila Day
- How to Craft the Perfect Frozen Lime Margarita
- The Perfect Peach Margarita for National Margarita Day
- Thirst Thursdays: Jalapeno Lime Margarita
- Scrumptious Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes
- Cinco de Mayo Treats: Margarita Ice Cream