Filmmaker James Cameron recently purchased a 2,500 acre farm in New Zealand. The property was originally used as a dairy farm and since the New Zealand government requires that the land is continued to be used as a farm, Cameron had planned to continue producing dairy products. However, it seems he has since changed his mind.
Cameron and his wife, Suzy Amis, have recently adopted a vegan diet and hope to reflect their lifestyle in their new farm.
"So we're looking for something more crop based. I don't want to be a hypocrite," Cameron told the NY Times.
- Just Say NO to Monsanto Running the FDA
- French Farm Co-Op Runs Vehicles on Duck Fat Biodiesel
- James Cameron Talks Going Vegan
- James Cameron Wants Environmentalists to go Vegan
- 5th Grade Farmer Runs Own Market Biz
- We Will Run Out Of Tuna Before Oil
- Tumblr Tuesday: 5 Urban Farming Tumblr Blogs
- The Green Dragon Inn is a Hobbit's Hideaway
- Cooking up a FEEST for the Youth
- Rooftop Gardens Go Greenhouse