McDonald's, an official restaurant sponsor of the Olympics, has managed to get an exclusive sponsorship deal that bans all other vendors from selling fries. The only one who managed to get permission to sell French fries? The London Organizing Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games, and only to sell fish and chips.
McDonald's has been taking its sponsorship seriously; the fast food chain built a 1,500 seat restaurant especially for the games last year.
- McDonald's to Build a 1,500-Seat Restaurant for the 2012 London Olympics
- McDonald's UK Olympic Uniforms Are Eco-Chic and Inspired by 'Mad Men'
- McDonald's to Serve a Holiday Menu
- 10 Bizarre McDonald's Branding Moves
- McDonald's UK Gets Eco Uniforms Designed by Wayne Hemingway
- Big Mac Stuffing is a McDonald's Holiday Surprise
- Will Run For Chocolate - Hot Chocolate 5k/15k is America's Sweetest Race
- Mickey D's Humanizes Fast Food With "The A-Z of McDonald's"
- McDonald's Test Seasoned Fries
- McDonald's Philippines Serves Up Twister Fries