Tomato, mozzarella, and basil pasta from Giangi's Kitchen is a simple summer dish. Chopped fresh summer tomatoes are combined with pasta, sweet basil and creamy mozzarella. The mixture is heated in a saute pan just until warm so that the flavors remain bright. The recipe recommends using farfalle (bow tie pasta) but any short pasta will do. Tomato, mozzarella, and basil pasta can be enjoyed straight from the pan or can be eaten cold on a hot evening.
1 pound Farfalle pasta
2 large mozzarella, diced
4 large tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
¼ cup fresh basil leaves cut in thin slices
Salt and pepper
Boil a large pot of salted water and cook the pasta according to the package directions. When done drain, place back in the cooking pan and add the butter.
In a large skillet sauté the tomatoes with the olive oil, 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the basil.
In a large bowl add the pasta, the tomatoes and mix well. Add the mozzarella and give it a last light folding.
- Meatless Monday: GF Stuffed Heirloom Tomatoes
- Meatless Monday: Spinach and Mushroom Pasta Bake
- Meatless Monday: Tomato, Basil, and Goat Cheese Quiche
- Vegan Grilled Tomato, Basil & Pepper Jack Panini
- Meatless Monday: Pasta with Sage & Grilled Tomatoes
- 4 Vegetarian Recipes with a Pop of Pesto
- 5 More Spectacular Summer Tomato Recipes
- Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Gnocchi with Basil and Parmesan
- Excellent Eggplant Dishes for Meatless Monday
- Best Ever Tomato Sauce
- Farfalle with fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella
- Oyster Mushroom Spaghetti with Tomato and Basil Sauce
- Farfalle with Shrimps, Tomatoes Basil Sauce
- Pasta Salad With Zucchini And Summer Squash Recipe
- Fried Green Tomatoes In Marinara Sauce and Mozzarella Cheese
- Tri-Colore Pasta Salad W/ Homemade Sun-Dried Tomato And Basil Vinaigrette
- Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes with Pesto on Farfalle Pasta
- Pasta With Tomatoes, Mozzarella and Basil
- Pasta With Tomatoes and Basil
- Timballo di Pasta