Tomato, mozzarella, and basil pasta from Giangi's Kitchen is a simple summer dish. Chopped fresh summer tomatoes are combined with pasta, sweet basil and creamy mozzarella. The mixture is heated in a saute pan just until warm so that the flavors remain bright. The recipe recommends using farfalle (bow tie pasta) but any short pasta will do. Tomato, mozzarella, and basil pasta can be enjoyed straight from the pan or can be eaten cold on a hot evening.
1 pound Farfalle pasta
2 large mozzarella, diced
4 large tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
¼ cup fresh basil leaves cut in thin slices
Salt and pepper
Boil a large pot of salted water and cook the pasta according to the package directions. When done drain, place back in the cooking pan and add the butter.
In a large skillet sauté the tomatoes with the olive oil, 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the basil.
In a large bowl add the pasta, the tomatoes and mix well. Add the mozzarella and give it a last light folding.
- Meatless Monday: Tomato, Basil, and Goat Cheese Quiche
- Vegan Grilled Tomato, Basil & Pepper Jack Panini
- Meatless Monday: Pasta with Sage & Grilled Tomatoes
- Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Gnocchi with Basil and Parmesan
- Best Ever Tomato Sauce
- Homemade Allergy Friendly Gnocchi
- Meatless Monday: Summer Squash with Mozzarella & Tomatoes
- Simple Sunday: Pasta with Chardonnay and Broccoli
- How-To Recipe: Spinach and Ricotta Manicotti
- 5 Must Try Olive Recipes
- Farfalle with fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella
- Oyster Mushroom Spaghetti with Tomato and Basil Sauce
- Pasta With Tomatoes, Mozzarella and Basil
- Pasta Salad With Zucchini And Summer Squash Recipe
- Farfalle with Shrimps, Tomatoes Basil Sauce
- Basil Tomato Mozzarella Salad
- Fried Green Tomatoes In Marinara Sauce and Mozzarella Cheese
- Tri-Colore Pasta Salad W/ Homemade Sun-Dried Tomato And Basil Vinaigrette
- Baked Chicken Stuffed with Sun Dried Tomato & Fresh Mozzarella
- Pasta With Tomatoes and Basil