The LUCKYRICE festival arrives to Los Angeles this Saturday, Aug. 4. Beginning in Manhattan three years ago, this food festival highlights Asian culinary culture by inviting top chefs to cook a myriad of dishes. Chef Sang Yoon, from Father's Office and Lukshon, will be hosting the LA event at the Helms Bakery Complex in Culver City. The venue will be transformed into a traditional Asian night market.
Chefs including Susan Feninger of Street, Jet Tila of Charleston, Bryant Ng of Spice Table, Mohan Ismail of RockSugar, Kris Yenbamroong of Night + Market and Diep Tran of Good Girl Dinette will be cooking up their signature Asian menu items. Attendees will taste dishes like tatsutage fried chicken from Feninger, spicy lamb bacon from Ng, and chocolate wasabi ice cream from the Coolhaus ice cream truck
In addition, eight talented mixologists including Gary Hayward of Bombay Sapphire, Jaymee Mandeville of Drago Centro, Rosie Ruiz of Big Bar will be pouring sixteen different Asian-inpired cocktails, created especially for the festival. Singha Beer, homemade ginger ales, and craft sakes and shochus will also be served.
Tickets begin at $50 for general admission and can be purchased online.
- Week-Long Dog Meat Food Festival in China Uses 15,000 Canine Carcasses
- Food Flags Celebrate the Sydney International Food Festival
- 10 Insane Asian Pizzas
- 5 Foodie Cufflinks
- Wheatless Wednesday: Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Gluten-Free Mushroom Rice Paper Wraps
- 5 Grilled Main Dishes to Serve at Your Labor Day Barbecue
- Pizza Hut Singapore Welcomes Chinese New Year with the Ring of Fortune PIzza
- Pepsi Chicken Potato Chips are Hybrid Crisps
- Celiac Saturday: DIY Chinese Take Out
- Orange Blossoms Shredded Pork With Capsicums
- Tasty Flower Crab Soup
- Chinese New Year Inari Age Laughing Prawns Salad
- Braised Pork Bellies With Abalone In Claypot
- Chinese New Year Fortune Fish with Bak Kwa
- Paradise Pear Soup With Snow Fungus
- Asian Fusion Appetizer: Salmon & Asian Pesto Packages
- Vegetarian Jajang Myeon (Noodles w Black Bean Sauce)
- Osmanthus Jelly With Wolfberries
- Broccoli Chicken w Shrimp Stir Fry