The Molecule Water Cafe located in New York's East Village is selling tap water for $2.50 a bottle. Co-owner Adam Ruhf thought the local water was terrible and decided to open Molecule, where they purify the city's tap water into "pure H2O." Others believe, though, that Molecule has also taken out the water's natural minerals: Even NY Post journalist Steve Cuozzo called it unnatural-tasting.
This isn't the first time a restaurant has charged for tap water; Marque restaurant in Australia charges $5 per glass.
- Tapped Out
- Tap Into the Truth About Your Water
- Enjoy $5 Tap Water at Marque Restaurant in Surrey Hill, Australia
- Diners Drinking More Tap Water At Restaurants
- Geek-Chic Molecular Jewelry for Foodies
- The Cocktail R-Evolution Kit Lets You Practice Molecular Mixology
- 5 Vampire-Inspired Beverages
- Foodista Five: Kelly Senyei, Food Journalist, Author and Chef
- Texas to Turn Sewage Into Drinking Water
- Blk Mineral Water Gets Drinkers Consumed With the Dark Side