These oven roasted French fries let you enjoy your favorite comfort food without the guilt. Potato slices are tossed in garlic olive oil and sprinkled with a homemade rosemary salt. This salt can be used in a number of dishes besides these delicious fries (rub it on steak or chicken before grilling!). Serve these un-fried French fries hot with any meal (burger included).
FOR THE FRIES:
4 LBS OF YUKON GOLD POTATOES (ANY POTATO VARIETY WILL WORK)
12 CLOVES FRESH GARLIC
FRESH GROUND BLACK PEPPER
FOR THE SALT:
3 SPRIGS FRESH ROSEMARY
ZEST OF 1 LEMON
3 TBS SEA SALT
PLACE A LARGE BAKING SHEET IN THE OVEN. PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 450*.
CUT THE POTATOES INTO WEDGES AND PUT INTO A POT OF LIGHTLY SALTED WATER.
FILL THE POT TO JUST COVER THE POTATOES.
COOK FOR A FEW MINUTES UNTIL THE POTATOES JUST START TO BOIL.
REMOVE FROM THE HEAT AND DRAIN THE POTATOES IN A COLANDER. LET DRAIN COMPLETELY.
HEAT SOME OLIVE OIL IN A SKILLET. PEEL THE GARLIC AND SMASH IT, PUT IT IN THE OIL. LET IT FLAVOR THE OIL- FOR JUST A MINUTE. ADD THE POTATOES AND STIR TO COAT THE POTATOES.
LIGHTLY PEPPER THE POTATOES.
TRANSFER THE CONTENTS OF THE PAN TO THE HEATED BAKING SHEET AND BAKE FOR 20-25 MINUTES, UNTIL CRISP AND BROWN. YOU WILL NEED TO TURN THE FRIES ONCE AFTER 10 MINUTES.
USING A MORTAR AND PESTLE, MASH THE ROSEMARY LEAVES, LEMON ZEST AND SALT TO A FINE PASTE.
IF THE MIXTURE SEEMS A LITTLE WET JUST ADD MORE SALT. SET ASIDE.
WHEN THE FRIES ARE PULLED FROM THE OVEN, LIGHTLY SPRINKLE THE SALT OVER THE FRIES.
- A Basket of Fries: 5 Different Ways to Prepare Fries
- French Fry Lip Balm is a Healthier Way to Indulge
- How-To Recipe: Garlic French Fries
- Friday Frying: Anything-But-Potato Fries
- Ultrasonic French Fries Upgrade the Salty Snack
- 15 Best French Fries in America
- Side Switch: Crispy Turnip French Fries
- 3 Savory Soup Recipes for Winter
- Homemade Garlic French Fries
- McDonald's Dollar Menu No Longer Includes Fries
- Caramel Apple Cream And White Chocolate Stuffed French Toast
- Fried zucchini with mayo-dill sauce and tomato
- Diabetic Carrot French Fries
- Fried cauliflower.
- French Toast With Cinnamon and Nutmeg
- Ffwd: Fresh Orange Pork Tenderloin
- Ffwd: Cheating on winter pea soup
- Ffwd: Almond-Orange Tuiles
- Dr Pepper Pulled Pork
- Steak, Frites et Salade