August 22, 2012
These oatmeal cookies from Cooking Gluten Free are the perfect gluten-free treat to send with the kids to school. Made with a base of almond flour and tapioca flour, these cookies turn out to be soft and tender. They are sweetened with palm sugar and agave nectar instead traditional white sugar which is better for you and adds another layer of flavor. This recipe for gluten-free oatmeal cookies contains no raisins or chocolate chips but feel free to add them.
2 cups Blanched Almond Flour, Finely Ground
1/2 cup Tapioca Or Arrowroot Flour
1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 cup Spectrum Non-Hydrogenated Shortening
1/2 cup Light Agave Nectar
1/2 cup Palm Sugar
1 tablespoon Vanilla (gluten Free)
1 whole Egg
1 1/2 cups Quick Cooking Oats, Gluten Free
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a small bowl, soak raisins in warm water and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the shortening and palm sugar until combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, agave, and vanilla.
Add the egg mixture to the sugar/shortening mixture, and beat to thoroughly combine.
In another separate bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca, xanthan gum, cinnamon, soda, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until well combined.
Drain the plump raisins and fold into the batter.
Using wet hands, roll the batter into large tablespoon-sized balls and place on a greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Slightly flatten with the palm of your hands.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Using a spatula, remove the cookies from the sheet immediately.
- Wheatless Wednesday: Best Ever Brownies
- Wheatless Wednesday: Fried Green Tomatoes
- Wheatless Wednesday: Best Beef Stew Recipes
- Wheatless Wednesday: PF Chang's Copycat Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Wheatless Wednesday: 5 Must Try White Chili Recipes
- Wheatless Wednesday: Fabulous Fruit Crumbles
- Wheatless Wednesday: Sweet Potato Buttermilk Rolls
- Wheatless Wednesday: 3 Tantalizing Falafel Recipes
- Wheatless Wednesday: 4 Delicious Pumpkin Recipes
- Wheatless Wednesday: 5 Simple Savory Dishes
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- Gluten-Free Baked Oatmeal
- Gluten-Free Sweet Rice Flour Pie Crust
- Blueberry Coconut Muffins [gluten-free]
- Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Sauce
- Grilled Chicken Skewers with Asian Flavors
- Sundried Tomato-Tahini Spread
- 5-Minute Rocky Road Fudge
- Whole-Grain Muesli Bars