August 24, 2012
If you are crazy for that chocolate hazelnut spread known as Nutella, you'll love this ice cream. This custard-free ice cream (meaning without eggs) is fluffy and light. Scoop Nutella ice cream into a cone or use it to top off your grilled banana split. Anyone who takes a bite of this rich and decadent frozen dessert will immediately want the recipe.
2 cups whipping cream
1 cup skim milk
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/8 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp vanilla
½ cup nutella, plus rest of container for swirling
1 tablespoon whiskey
Heat the cream, milk, sugar, salt, and cocoa over medium low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Be sure to whisk the cocoa into the milk mixture.
Take the pan off heat and add the vanilla, ½ cup Nutella, and the alcohol.
Stir until the Nutella is dissolved.
Chill for a few hours and then churn in the ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions.
About 10 minutes before the ice cream is finished in the machine, swirl in the remainder of the Nutella. It may help to heat the Nutella up a bit in the microwave to soften it.
- Dynamite Nutella and Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream
- Spicy Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Decadent Chocolate Stout Ice Cream
- Beat the Heat with Bittersweet Chocolate Ice Cream
- The Best Food Craving Ever: Nutella Ice Cream
- Summertime Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Bars
- Super Easy Nutella Milkshake
- 4 Homemade Frozen Treats that the Ice Cream Man Used to Sell
- 3 Ice Cream Sandwiches You Won't Want To Miss This Summer
- Easy Chocolate Filled Wafer Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Bittersweet Chocolate Ice Cream
- Torta Con Camy Cream Alla Nutella. La Crema Per Eccelenza.
- Nutella & Toaster Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches
- White chocolate-cranberry ice cream
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Ice Cream
- Peach Ice Cream Cake
- Vegan Blueberry "Ice Cream"
- Versatile French Vanilla Ice Cream
- Apple, cinnamon and walnut rolls + cream cheese crispy rolls!
- Minty mint-chocolate ice cream