Hosting a dinner party can quickly become overwhelming and stressful, taking the all the fun of what should be an enjoyable experience. Follow these five rules to make entertaining a breeze.
1. Stick with the winners, this isn't the time to try a new dish. You are better off preparing recipes that you like and have cooked successfully in the past.
2. Select recipes where a portion of it can be prepped ahead of time. This way the day of the event is simply a matter of final touches instead of last minute chaos.
3. Opt for a cheese and antipasto platter instead of making several miniature appetizers. Spend your energy catching up with friends rather than in the kitchen.
4. Serve your dishes family style. This stimulates conversation around the table.
5. Keep it simple- don't go overboard with the flowers, candles, and serving ware. Focus on your guests and making them feel comfortable.