August 29, 2012
These gluten-free chocolate chip scones with pecans from Sophie's Foodie Files make for one dynamite breakfast. Made without eggs or wheat, these scones are denser than your average scone. Studded with chocolate chips and pecans, it's hard not to resist baking this quick bread. Split them open and serve with your favorite jam.
3/4 cup brown rice flour
3/4 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon guar gum
Preheat your oven to 200 ° C ( 400 F ) for 10 minutes. I use a fan oven. Adjust the temperatures to your oven, if necessary.
Take your large Kenwood bowl or Kitchen aid bowl & place the K- paddle in. Bring all the 4 flours into the bowl. Mix well.
Add the agave & the kefir. Mix well until it all comes together. The dough will still be a bit wet.
Take a silpat or & flour it a bit with coconut flour or with millet flour. Flour your hands & take the dough out of the bowl onto the silpat. Flour your rolling pin well.
Roll it evenly out onto the floured silpat & form a round dough of 1.5 cm thick. With your 9 cm diameter cutter, cut out scones & place them on a new clean silpat or on a baking sheet, on an oven rack for stability. Re roll your dough & do the same until the dough is all used up. Place them a few centimeters apart from each other. I placed 6 of them on the silpat.
Bake into the center of bottom of your oven for about 10 minutes on 200°C ( 400 F) & after that 5 minutes on 180 °C ( 356 F ).
Check your scones after 15 minutes with a sewing pin or a tester pin. If the pin comes out clean, the scones are ready.
Mines were ready after 15 minutes.
- Gluten Free Pecan Pie 3 Ways
- Decadent & Healthy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- 5 Sinfully Delicious Vegan Chocolate Desserts
- Chocolate & Hazelnut: A Gluten Free Match Made in Heaven
- Sunday Baking: Gluten-Free Cinnamon Scones
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Gluten, Dairy + Sugar Free
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Food Fight: Pumpkin or Pecan Pie? Both! Gluten Free
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- A twist on soda bread, Irish Oat Scones
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Scones
- Sophie's Wholegrain Gluten Free and Egg Free Dark Chocolate Chips Scones With Pecans
- Gluten And Dairy Free Pecan Pie
- White Chocolate Whiskey Cream (dairy free)
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- A True Lover's Chocolate Cake
- Black Bean and Fresh Corn Tacos
- Pumpkin Pecan Streusel Cake - gluten free, soy free, vegan
- Almond Butter and Chocolate Squares