Hot German potato salad is is one tasty dish. Instead of a traditional mayonnaise based dressing, this potato salad is tossed in a vinegar and mustard vinaigrette. The potatoes are tossed with the dressing when they are warm and soak up all those flavors. Bits of crispy bacons are also added. Serve this hot German potato salad at your Labor Day barbecue or any outdoor gathering.
In a large, heavy skillet, fry bacon until crisp, drain bacon and save 1/2 cup bacon drippings. Add celery and onions to bacon drippings in the skillet, saute until tender while stirring continuously. Add the potatoes and toss carefully. Combine and mix the water, vinegar, sugar, flour, salt, dry mustard, celery seed and ground pepper and pour it over the potatoes. Cook until thickened and warmed through, stirring carefully.
- Greek Fennel and Potato Salad
- Bacon, Avocado, and Tomato Pasta Salad
- 10 Best Potato Salad Recipes
- Bacon and Bleu Salad for National Salad Month
- Labor Day Sides: Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Labor Day Sides: Grilled Vegetable and Pasta Salad
- Meatless Monday: Spinach Pesto Pasta Salad
- Classic Salad Nicoise
- Alluring Rainbow Nicoise Salad
- Plan the Perfect Picnic: Best Pasta Salad Recipes
- Baked German Potato Salad
- French Potato Salad With Bacon
- German Dish
- German Potato Pancakes
- Sweet, Sweet, Sweet Potato Quiche With Bacon and Mushrooms
- Bleu Cheese and Bacon Potato Salad
- Italian Braised Lamb and Potatoes
- Potato, zucchini, red bell pepper, with bacon and herbs baked in a pot.
- New Potato Salad With Green Olives
- Garbanzo and Potato Salad