Beer can chicken is a fun way to barbecue. A whole chicken is seasoned with a dry rub and placed upright on the grill with the aid of a beer can. During the cooking process, the beer's flavor permeates the chicken from the inside out. The end result is a juicy and flavorful chicken that tastes amazing. You can serve this meal with a number of different side dishes but baked beans and potato salad are the classics.
7 pounds roasting chicken
1 can of beer
1 clove clove garlic, minced
pinch of thyme, or herbs of your choice
garlic and onion powder, for sprinkling
Remove grilling surface and place a drip pan in the center of the barbecue. Add water or beer to the pan and replace the grates. Make sure the pan never runs out of cooking liquid during the cooking process.
Pre-heat barbecue on high for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to medium.
Remove any excess fat from the bottom of the chicken. Rub chicken with butter, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with garlic powder and onion powder, if desired.
Open can of beer and pour about an inch out of the can. Punch four extra holes in the top of the can for ventilation. Put the garlic and herbs into the can (do this over the sink since the beer will foam up).
Slip the chicken onto the can, keeping the chicken standing upright. Place foil on the tips of the chicken legs and place standing on the grill - the legs will act as a tripod.
Bake for approximately 1 1/2-2 hours or 18 minutes per pound.
- Father's Day On the Grill: A BBQ Menu That'll Stick To His Ribs
- On The Grill: Grilled Vegetables Sandwiches
- Hot Off The Grill: Stuffed Grilled Jalapenos
- The Alpina Mobile Bongos Beer Bar Blends Brews With Burgers
- Grilled Mojito Chicken Bowls with Quinoa
- Quick and Easy Chicken Breast Sandwich Recipes
- 5 Tasty Chicken Wing Recipes
- 5 Crazy Good Chicken Burger to Grill This Summer
- 5 Super Easy Grilled Chicken Breast Recipes
- How to Make the Best Spiced Chicken Breasts
- Beer Can Chicken
- Beer Can Chicken, Country Style Vegetables with Roasted Garlic
- Slow Cooker Dim Sum Pulled Pork & Sweet Sesame Snap Peas
- Ginger Orange Chicken
- Grilled Chicken & Steak w Vegetable Medley
- Ginger Beer Can Chicken
- Grilled Chicken and Sweet With Heat Boysenberry Barbecue Sauce
- Spatchcock Chicken & Turkey
- One Pan Lemon Chicken
- Barbecued Beer Can Chicken