Mark Bittman will open Seattle Arts & Lecture's 2012/13 season on September 19 with "The Future of Food," his talk about the intersection of food, politics, the environment, and personal health. He'll discuss "non-foods, like soda, and their impact, as well as how policy pushes foods, like wheat, meat, and dairy, that may be in no one's best interests." Plus, he'll discuss "the sticks and carrots that we need to move out of this mess."
Don't miss what promises to be a delicious event! Buy tickets here.
When: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 7:30 PM
Where: Benaroya Hall \ S. Mark Taper Foundation Auditorium
Co-Presented by PCC Farmland Trust, PCC Natural Markets
About Mark Bittman:
Most Sundays, Mark Bittman can be found in the food section of the New York Times Magazine where he focuses on preparing meals using a few ingredients in healthy and delicious ways. Bittman has been a journalist for over 40 years and a professional food writer since 1980. In 1987 he became the senior writer, later editor, of Cooks Illustrated, and in 1990 started writing for the New York Times; until recently, he had a weekly column, "The Minimalist." He is the author of several books including How to Cook Everything (1998) andFood Matters (2010) and has hosted PBS series such as Spain: On the Road Again, with Mario Batali and Gwyneth Paltrow (2008).
Visit www.lectures.org or call 206.621.2230 for tickets and information.
- Will Cook For Sex: 10 Cookbooks for Dads and Grads
- DIY Easy Homemade Gourmet Marshmallows
- Etsy Find - Amazing Soap McNuggets
- Thirsty Thursday: The Corpse Reviver Shot
- Best Ever Cookie Decorating Tutorial
- Stop Everything And Make These Spring Onion And Cheddar Scones Right Now
- Complete Your Easter With These Amazing Cadbury Egg Doughnuts
- The Most Elegant Holiday Candy Bark
- The TurTwinkie is an Endangered Bird
- Pinkberry UK Releases Santa's Beard, Partridge in a Pear Tree and Christmas Tree Holiday Toppings
- Lemon Rosemary Sal
- Quick and Easy - Cake Pops
- Peas with Pancetta & Shallot
- Brie, Apple & Almond Phyllo Cups
- Chocolate-Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies
- Mark Bittman's Lentil Salad
- Oven "Grilled" Spareribs A La Mark Bittman
- Ginger Cookies- gluten free, soy free, vegan
- Peppermint Brookie Pies - gluten free, dairy free
- Capsicum Stuffed with Tofu and White Sauce~Lets Go Stuffing Series