September 5, 2012
These gluten-free and dairy-free vanilla cupcakes from Cooking Gluten Free are a classic sweet treat. The cupcake batter is made from a combination of flours including almond flour and cornstarch. They are light, not overly sweet and delicious. These cupcakes are great for any occasion and will soon become a family favorite.
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Earth Balance (vegan) butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Set out butter to bring to room temperature. If needed, put in the microwave for just a few seconds.
Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then, add the eggs one a time scraping down the bowl as necessary. This helps the cupcakes have a more even texture.
Alternate adding the flour mixture and milk alternative in about 3 additions. I've read that you alternate the wet and dry ingredients to reduce the amount of gluten that is formed to make whatever you are baking less dense. But I still like this technique and it helps get a smooth batter with less mixing.
Line a muffin tin with baking cups and fill each cup 3/4 full. My batter made 9 cupcakes.
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- Sunday Baking: Gluten Free Cake Pop Recipes
- 5 Easy Gluten Free Back to School Treats
- Chocolate & Hazelnut: A Gluten Free Match Made in Heaven
- Gluten Free Foodie Friday: 5 Recipes to Love
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- 5 Must Try Gluten Free Pumpkin Recipes - GFCF
- DIY Bake A Heart Into A Cupcake
- Orange Rosemary Cupcakes - Gluten & Dairy Free
- Gluten Free Almond-Elderflower Tea Cakes with Lemon Thyme Icing
- Gingered Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Cocoa Stout Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Orange Rosemary Cupcakes
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Gnocchi - Sweet Potato Recipes
- Red, White & Blue Smoothie
- Millet Stir Fry with Chicken and Vegetables
- Perfect Vanilla Cupcakes-Gluten And Dairy Free
- Gluten Free Yellow Cake And Cupcakes
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill