Drew Barrymore gives an inside look at her vineyard (pictured above) in the October 2012 issue of Haute Living. In the magazine, Barrymore talks about her own wine company and what inspired the business venture. The actress said she was involved in every aspect of creating the wine.
"We went to Italy, we went to our vineyard, our bottling plants, we tried a lot of different wines," Barrymore said. "I'm very leery of celebrity culture... I wanted to put it out there because wine is about tradition and family. Putting your name on something and having no idea how it came about if someone else did all the work -- that's not me."
So why did she get in the wine business? Simply because she loves it.
"I love wine... I think it's nice to do what you really love in life, occupationally and recreationally," she said. "Right now, I'm getting to do the things I love and I'm so, so happy about it."
- Drew Barrymore Launches Her Own Wine
- Drew Barrymore Serves Her Own Wine at Wedding
- Drew Barrymore's Pregnancy Diet
- Drew Barrymore Brings Her Own Crackers to Lunch
- Drew Barrymore Takes Cooking Lessons to Prep for Married Life
- Drew Barrymore Talks Food in LA
- Drew Barrymore Quits Vegetarian Diet
- Drew Barrymore Traveled to Kenya with the World Food Programme
- Guy Fieri Opening Wine Tasting at his Sonoma Vineyard
- Train Becomes Latest Band With Wine Label