Billy Corgan has officially opened his tea house, Madame ZuZu's, in Chicago. The Smashing Pumpkin decided to celebrate the opening with an acoustic set.
"It's an exciting day," Corgan said. "This has been a labor of love."
The new tea shop is based on Corgan's idea of what a Chinese tea house would look like in Paris in the 1930s.
"I want it to be a social hub that's interactive," he said. "You're trying to draw in different people from different walks of life. We want a dynamic in there. We don't want a passive space."
- Billy Corgan Opening Tea House in Chicago Suburb
- The Gourmet Tea Shop Redefines Pop-Up Retail
- Egg-Ceptional Croque-Madame With Lightly Dressed Greens and Fresh Fruit
- Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Celebrate 50 Years With 50 Cent Drinks
- Weird Wednesday: £8.99 Cheerios, Coffee Shop Etiquette and a Colander-Wearing Pastafarian
- Katharine McPhee's Smashing Diet
- Smash Mouth Releases 'Recipes From the Road' Cookbook
- Creep Found Videotaping Starbucks Bathroom
- Cat Cafes Huge in Japan
- Couple Ties The Knot At Tulsa Starbucks