Curried lentil and spinach soup is warm and comforting. Not only is this soup delicious but it's also healthy. Lentils are packed with vitamins and a great source of protein. Spinach is rich in antioxidants and a good source of vitamin A. You can make this soup any night of the week and feel good about yourself and what you are eating.
1 tablespoon light olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 cups red lentils, rinsed
1 teaspoon to 2 good-quality curry powder
1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
6 cups water or vegetable stock
Salt to taste
Heat the oil in a soup pot. Add the onion and sauté over medium heat until golden.
Add the lentils and 6 cups water and bring to a simmer. Stir in 1 teaspoon curry powder, cover, and simmer very gently for 35 to 40 minutes.
When the lentils are mushy, stir in the spinach and check the consistency. If the soup is too thick, add about 4 cups water. Season with salt and additional curry powder, if desired.
Simmer for another 5 minutes. If time allows, let the soup stand off the heat for an hour or so to develop flavor. Heat through as needed before serving
- Gluten-Free and Vegan Red Lentil Curry
- Souper Sunday Curry Lentil Winter Squash Soup
- Meatless Monday: Greek Lentil Soup
- Meatless Monday: Curried Cucumber Soup
- Low Fat Vegan Eating and A Cold Summer Soup
- Smooth Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup
- Spicy Curry Cauliflower Soup
- Creamy Springtime Spinach Soup Recipe
- Creamy Vegan Zucchini Soup
- Chilled Curry Cucumber Soup
- Spicy lentil and black rice soup with kale, spinach and leek
- Indian Spiced Red Lentil Soup
- Egyptian Black Lentil Soup
- Curried Parsnip Soup (Dairy-Free)
- Shiitake Noodle Soup
- Curried Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
- Spicy Red Lentil Soup With Magic Potion
- Curried Sweet potato and lentil Soup
- Curried Lentils
- Ethiopian Lentil Curry