World Wrestling Entertainment star, Daniel Bryan, was a devout vegan until he discovered his allergy to soy.
"I became a vegan for health issues and then I developed a soy intolerance," Bryan said. "So, I've been getting really sick lately. It's a very unmanly way to stop being vegan, to have a soy intolerance. But I was getting sick all the time, and they were trying to figure out what it was and they found out it was the soy."
Bryan said it became difficult to maintain his vegan diet while traveling because soy was his main source of protein.
"Being on the road, being vegan and trying to get your protein in other than soy, there's just nothing to eat," he said. "There's soy in everything. Most of the vegan things you can eat are tofu dishes and whatnot, made out of soy."
The wrestling champ said he hasn't completely gone back to eating meat, but tries to stick to getting his protein from eggs.
- Sensational Roasted Cauliflower with Apples and Dill, Gluten Free + Vegan
- 3 Must Try Vegan Gluten Free Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- 5 Must Try Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookie Recipes - Allergy Friendly
- Clean Living Tuesday: 10 Things you Thought Were Good for you
- Tempeh: 3 Delicious Ways
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Vegan Recipe Roundup: 5 Fall Favorites
- The Life Allergic: the Dangerous World of Dining Out and Memoirs of a Foodie
- Gluten Free + Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Desserts
- Vegan Blueberry "Ice Cream"
- Vegan Eggnog Milkshake
- Mac n Cheese-gluten free, dairy free, soy free, vegan optional
- Dandelion pesto
- Caramel Mocha Latte (Vegan Ice Cream)
- Vegan Strawberry Sorbet
- Tia's Treats
- Vegan Blueberry Ginger Muffins
- Best Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Caramel Apple Cupcake-Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free