Just two nights ago, Javier's, the popular Southern California and Los Cabos restaurant, opened its doors at ARIA in Las Vegas. Their upscale Mexican cuisine features Baja specials from both land and sea, as well as an impressive array of heritage-rich Mexican plates. Dishes range from filet mignon topped with a light chipotle cream sauce (Filete Antiguo) to giant wild Mexican prawns sautéed with garlic, poblano chiles, onions and tomatoes with fresh cilantro (Camarones Rancheros, shown above) to chicken in mole poblano or verde and Michoacan-style carnitas.
Hand-shaken margaritas are a house specialty, and the well-stocked bar hosts a premium selection of tequilas that is one of the most impressive this side of Mexico. Start the evening with Shrimp Cocktail (each shrimp is easily 4-5 bites); a zesty and tender Ceviche de Pescado; or the Queso Fundido, a cheese lover's dream of melted Monterey Jack cheese with sautéed onions, mushrooms and pasilla chiles, topped with chorizo and chipotle chile (below).
Find yourself surrounded by the elegant Aztecan decor of wood carvings, heavy high-backed leather chairs, and floor to ceiling mother of pearl inlaid tiling.
- Food and Travel: Eating, Drinking and Being Very Merry at Mandalay Bay Las Vegas
- A Mandalay Bay Weekend of Gourmet Food, Scotch, and Colbie Caillat!
- Win a night in Las Vegas!
- Mandalay Bay Announces Fabulous Wine and Spirits Weekend
- Lynyrd Skynyrd BBQ & Beer to Open at Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas
- Celebrity Chef Michel Richard's Vegas Restaurant Open to Patrons 24 Hours a Day
- Denny's Las Vegas Will Perform Marriages
- Hangover Heaven is a Cure on Wheels in Sin City
- U.S. Open Food, by the Numbers
- Siegfried & Roy Chow Down on White Tiger Cake
- Broccoli Tartar
- Duo Of Fresh Fava Bean Spread Open Smoked Salmon Sandwich & Sort Of Guacamole Open Smoked Salmon Sandwich With Home Grown Garden Cress
- Cheese Tray
- Sweet Potato Soufflé
- Roasted Acorn Squash Stuffed W/spicy Biryani (Veg/vegan)
- Peppermint Bark Lollipops
- Herbed Brioche Stuffing With Fig & Walnut
- Vegan Ranch Cheese Ball
- Easter Nest Sweet Cake With Sour Cream -Royal Icing and Pistachios
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Gluten Free & Dairy Free