These gluten-free pumpkin duffins from Grab a Plate are a delicious fall morning breakfast. A duffin is a cross between a doughnut and a muffin, this recipe is similar to a cakey doughnut that has not been fried. The dough is made with an all purpose gluten-free flour and spiced with nutmeg and cinnamon. When they are hot out of the oven, these pumpkin spiced doughnuts are rolled in cinnamon and sugar for extra sweetness.
1/2 cup cane sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup unsweetened canned pumpkin puree
2 Tbsp. buttermilk
1 large egg
1-1/3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
1/16 xanthan gum (equivalent of a small pinch)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1-1/2 tsp. gluten-free baking powder
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 stick melted butter (for the coating)
1 cup can sugar (for the coating)
3 Tbsp. ground cinnamon, more or less to taste (for the coating)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Coat 2, 24-count mini muffin pans with non-stick spray.
In a mixer, combine the sugar and butter until it’s fluffy. Add the egg, pumpkin puree and buttermilk (or substitute), and again, beat until the mixture is smooth.
Add the dry ingredients together into a bowl and whisk until everything is thoroughly combined.
Add the dry ingredients to the batter a bit at a time, and blend until it’s smooth.
Use a tablespoon to drop the batter into the muffin tins. I suggest you don’t fill the dough to the top of the tin -- leave a bit of room for them to “grow.”
Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the doughnut holes comes out clean.
Remove the doughnut holes from the tins and allow them cool on a wire rack. Meanwhile, melt the butter for the coating, and in a separate bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon together.
Use a pastry brush to LIGHTLY coat each doughnut hole with the melted butter. If you use too much butter, the holes will get soggy.
Immediately after (lightly) coating each with the butter, role the holes in the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat each hole all the way “around.”
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- Gluten Free Vegan Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
- 5 Must Try Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookie Recipes - Allergy Friendly
- Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Rice Soup with Sage
- Homemade Pumpkin Butter
- 5 Must Try Gluten Free Pumpkin Recipes - GFCF
- 5 Savory Pumpkin Recipes to Love
- 3 Gluten Free Perfect Pumpkin Pancake Recipes
- 3 Tasty Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipes
- Celiac Saturday: 3 Perfect Pumpkin Bar Recipes
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Cranberry Pudding with Coconut Whipped Cream-gluten free, vegan
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Pumpkin Brownies, a simple recipe for a seasonal sensation
- Gingered Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie Butter Cups
- Gluten-free Pumpkin Doughnut Holes (a.k.a. Mini Muffins)
- Squash and Chicken with Pumpkin Pasta
- Spiced Pumpkin Souffles