October 9, 2012
Cozy up next to the fire with a bowl of this delicious roasted pumpkin and barley risotto from Fork Spoon Knife. This vegetarian dish may be lacking meat but does not lack flavor. Pumpkin puree is seasoned with onion, garlic, ginger as well as a variety of herbs. Barley is a healthy alternative to traditional rice. This grain contains eight essential amino acids and can help regulate blood sugar. Roasted pumpkin and barley risotto is a fall dish everyone will love.
1 cup barley
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 small onion, diced finely
2 cloves to garlic, minced
big chunk of ginger. minced
1/2 teaspoon pink peppercorns
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons butter
2 teaspoons cumin powder
2 teaspoons sour cream
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes until the insides are soft and cooked.
Saute the onions and garlic in butter until translucent.
Add in the barley and toast for a couple of minutes.
Add two cups of stock and cook until the liquid is almost absorbed.
Slowly, the barley will become creamy as the starch releases.
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- 5 Perfect Vegan Pumpkin Recipes
- Meatless Monday: 3 Simply Sophisticated Soups
- Gluten Free Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Easiest Ever Gluten Free Lentil Fennel Artichoke Salad
- Meatless Monday: 3 Gluten Free Super Sweet Potato Recipes
- 3 Must Try 'No Potato' Leek Soup Recipes - Vegan + Gluten Free
- Meatless Monday: Vegan Butternut Squash and Lentil Pot Pie
- Sensational Roasted Cauliflower with Apples and Dill, Gluten Free + Vegan
- Best Gluten Free Chili Recipes
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Pumpkin Carrot Soup
- One Pan Lemon Chicken
- Pumpkin Banana Protein Oat Bars
- Coconut milk risotto (Arborio rice pudding)
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad
- Healthy Fall Dessert: Baked apples with walnuts, honey and cinnamon.
- Curried Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
- Peanut Carrot Bisque
- Puff pastry dough made easy!