Some people think that fresh, seasonal vegetables can only be had during the summer. Nothing could be further from the truth. During the fall, the gardens are bursting with the sweetness of root vegetables, greens, and of course squash.
Stuff some inexpensive acorn squash with a decadent mixture of cheesy mushroom goodness, and turn this lovely fall veg into a main dish.
- Seasonal Eating: Turnips
- Seasonal Eating: Squash Blossom Soup
- Seasonal Eating: Pumpkin and Bean Chili
- Seasonal Eating: Grilled Asparagus with a Fried Egg and Ricotta Salata
- Seasonal Eating: 'Eat Seasonably' Fruit and Vegetable Calendar
- Meatless Monday: Vegan Butternut Squash and Lentil Pot Pie
- Seasonal Eating: Grandma B's Rhubarb Cake
- Seasonal Eating: When Is Rhubarb Ripe?
- 5 Bold Gluten Free Butternut Squash Comfort Foods
- Seasonal Eating: Rhubarb Cake
- Mushroom, Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Maple Butternut Squash
- Butternut Squash Coconut Curry Soup
- Curried Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
- Curried Butternut Squash and Wild Mushroom Soup
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
- Silky Roasted Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
- Squash Blossoms Stuffed With Ricotta
- Squash Ricotta Gnocchi: A First Dish For Thanksgiving
- Roasted Butternut Squash With Ricotta and Rosemary