Some people think that fresh, seasonal vegetables can only be had during the summer. Nothing could be further from the truth. During the fall, the gardens are bursting with the sweetness of root vegetables, greens, and of course squash.
Stuff some inexpensive acorn squash with a decadent mixture of cheesy mushroom goodness, and turn this lovely fall veg into a main dish.
- Seasonal Eating: Squash Blossom Soup
- Seasonal Eating: Pumpkin and Bean Chili
- Seasonal Eating: Grilled Asparagus with a Fried Egg and Ricotta Salata
- Seasonal Eating: Turnips
- Meatless Monday: Vegan Butternut Squash and Lentil Pot Pie
- 5 Bold Gluten Free Butternut Squash Comfort Foods
- Seasonal Eating: Rhubarb Cake
- Weird 'n Wheatless Wednesday - Sweet Squash Treats
- Seasonal Eating: Strawberry Shortcake
- Seasonal Eating: Blueberry Buckle
- Maple Butternut Squash
- Butternut Squash Coconut Curry Soup
- Curried Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
- Curried Butternut Squash and Wild Mushroom Soup
- Over The Top Acorn Squash
- Silky Roasted Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
- Bulk Spaghetti Sauce
- Turkey soup with tomatoes and herbs.
- Squash Blossoms Stuffed With Ricotta